Sponsors

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Three Lotto Winners

It looks like three lotto winner will be sharing the largest jackpot in history, $640 million. The winners are from Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. But it looks like the winners have yet to come forward. What are they waiting for? Oh my goodness... If I bought a ticket (which I have never done before, I have no luck) I would have been watching the numbers being announced like a hawk. I guess these people weren't too interested in winning, or maybe they thought they had no chance (the reason I have never bought a ticket). I sure hope they do come forward and claim their winnings. I hope, too, that they are good people, who will do good things with the money they won. I hope that it will drastically change the lives of the winners, in a good way. It is so sad when someone falls into money, or whatever and it changes the person in a negative way. I think this world is already full of enough negative people, we do not need any more.

Anyway, the winners will split the money and can either take it all in one lump sum, or can get it in installments. They will also be responsible for paying 25 percent for taxes (wow, I did not know it was that much). I think I would take installments, that way I would not be tempted to blow it all at once. It would be more like a paycheck. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment