Sponsors

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jennifer Lawrence of The Hunger Games Movie

I will admit that I am not the biggest Hunger Games fan, but I have been enjoying watching the success of the movie and its actors. I have a lot of friends and family that have enjoyed the books, and have seen the movie and enjoyed that, too. My boys saw the movie yesterday with their grandma. Both boys loved it, so did my mom. The boys have read the whole series, while my mom has not. I have heard the movie was a little hard to understand if you have not read the books, but I guess if you go with someone who knows what is going on they can share.

The main actress is Jennifer Lawrence who plays Katniss Everdeen. Lawrence was nominated for an Academy Award for Winter's Bone (another wonderful movie that everyone should see). My oldest son came home from the movie with a crush on her, he told me that she was so pretty. So I had to take a look for myself. She really is pretty and has already gotten great reviews from the critics about her role on The Hunger Games.

In the Hunger Games, Lawrence is a teen who lives in District 12 in Panem. She is chosen to fight in the Hunger Games, to the death, but before that she hunts illegaly and sells what she can on the black market in order to feed her family.

Lawrence earned her spot in stardom with the Sundance movie, "Winter's Bone" in 2010. It is a great movie about a girl who is looking for her father in the Ozarks. Rumor has it she will be in "The Beaver" with Mel Gibson next and then possibly play Mystique in "X-Men: First Class."

No comments:

Post a Comment