Sponsors

Friday, March 23, 2012

Obama Speaks About Trayvon

The case of Trayvon Martin is truely heartbreaking. I am still in shock over everything that happened, and everything that has not happened (more on that later).

President Obama made a statement about the case and it was very heartwarming. He said, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." It shows he is taking this whole thing to heart, as he should. I can say that that statement has helped me see our president in a whole new light.

Trayvon Martin was someone's son, someone's grandson, someone's friend. He was not a thug, walking home from a convenient store, as some "neighborhood watchman" thought. He was not out for trouble, he was out to buy some candy, Skittles to be exact. Did he deserve to die? I honestly do not think he did. But someone thought he should die, and admited to killing him, and he has faced no consequences. If you ask me, that is unacceptable.

What if that happened to my son? He wears hoodies, he walks around sometimes, he likes Skittles, he may be mistaken for a thug. But let me tell you, that boy would give you the shirt off his back, he would do anything for anyone and would not even hurt a fly. Appearances do not mean anything and I really think it is time for this country to stop being so judgemental. So a young man wears a hoodie, puts the hood on because it's starting to rain. Does that mean he deserved to die?

No comments:

Post a Comment