Sponsors

Saturday, March 31, 2012

One Winning Lottery Ticket From Baltimore County

On Friday evening, some lucky soul went into a 7-Eleven in Baltimore County, spent $1 and bought a Mega Millions ticket with numbers that were  randomly selected. This ticked turned out to be a winner of the HUGE $656 million jackpot, which is a record amount. As of now, that person has not made himself known. There were also winning tickets sold in Illinois and Kansas. The three winners will be splitting the record-breaking jackpot. If the winners choose the cash option, it will be a total of $474.2 million that will be split between the three winners. They also have the option to get the winnings in yearly installments. But no matter what, a quarter of it will go to pay taxes, which does not seem fair to me, but hey, who am I?!

Retailers in Maryland also say they sold four winning tickets for $250,000. That is not a shabby amount to win, either. I would not mind having that much money in my wallet, either.

The huge jackpot almost doubled the state's record of ticket sales. The old record was $5.8 million and the new record, set on Friday, was $11.8 million.

I can not imagine winning that huge amount. I could make many dreams come true, and look good doing it. If you won that money, what would you use it on? Me, ummmm... There are so many different things that I can think of. Who wouldn't love a new house, new car, new wardrobe, some new jewelry, and my list goes on and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment