Sponsors

Monday, March 26, 2012

James Cameron's Under Ocean Travel

Let me just say, "WoW!" I can not believe someone actually wants to travel so far under the ocean, but James Cameron had a dream to do it and today he did. Today James went down 7 miles under the western Pacific Ocean. He said he liked it, too. He said, upon coming back up, "My feeling was one of complete isolation from all of humanity." I guess some consider that interesting, I consider it just downright scary. Cameron is only one of two men that have traveled that far down under the ocean.

Cameron went down seven miles under the ocean in a Deepsea Challenge submersible and visited the Mariana Trench. He was down for three hours and was very alone. Cameron did not see anything really. He went down five miles a few weeks ago and saw small primitive sea animals, this time all he saw were small, inch-long, shrimp like creatures.

Cameron plans on returning to the depths of the ocean. He is doing this all for science and plans to continue his trips down under the ocean. Sir Richard Branson also likes to travel down far under the ocean and both men plan on forming a team to do some deep sea exploration.

I can not say I ever want to be that far below the ocean. I am happy sitting on the beach, watching the waves roll in, taking a little nap, reading a book, getting my feet wet, but going down that far, I don't think so. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment